About the Program
Crime, inequality, healthcare, politics, families, gender, race and ethnicity, education, work, and social change-today’s sociologists study all these topics. Using scientific methods to insure accuracy, sociologists focus on the causes and consequences of social interaction. Through a combination of classroom study and field work, Drew’s sociology program applies theory and research to real world problems.
Through a rich array of courses, sociology majors and minors come to understand the connections between their everyday lives, the larger social structures of various societies and the broad global changes that characterize our times.
- Chair: Jonathan Reader, Professor
- Professors: Caitlin Killian
- Associate Professors: Kesha Moore, Susan Rakosi Rosenbloom
- Assistant Professors: Christopher Andrews
- Lecturer: Simone Kolysh
- Professor Emerita: Roxanne Friedenfels